On December 30, 2005, Executive Aaron Reardon signed the 2025 Comprehensive Plan, marking the county's successful and timely completion of the required ten-year update of the Snohomish County Comprehensive Plan.
In keeping with the Planning & Development Services (PDS) Department commitment to full access to documents and efficient customer service, PDS has hard copies and CDs available for purchase or review on the second floor of the County Administration Building - West, 3000 Rockefeller, Everett.
The Plan consists of five sections:
• The General Policy Plan consisting of goals and policies serves as a guide to the county’s growth and development from the present through 2025. The FEIS includes the environmental review documents for the 10 Year Update of the comprehensive plan.
• The Future Land Use Map shows planned land uses and densities, urban growth area boundaries, and urban, rural, commercial agricultural and timber lands adequate for the expected population and employment growth through 2025. Zoning and development regulations implement these designations.
• The Transportation Element describes the county’s transportation system and provides policy direction for the development of roads and other transportation to serve the needs of the forecasted 2025 population.
• The Capital Facilities Plan contains an inventory of the county’s public facilities, establishes level of service standards necessary to support development, and prioritizes facilities needed to support the forecasted 2025 population.
• The Park and Recreation Comprehensive Plan provides goals and an action plan for providing park services through 2025.
The Washington State Growth Management Act (GMA) requires cities and counties planning under GMA to complete a thorough review of their comprehensive plans every ten years. Less extensive revisions are allowed on an annual basis through the docketing process. For more information on the docket process please contact Steve Skorney at 425-388-3311 extension 2207.