Treasurer Office hours: CLOSED FOR LUNCH (12 - 1 pm)
Monday - Thursday 9 am - noon; 1 pm - 5 pm
Friday 9 am - noon; 1 pm - 4 pm;
Excise: Closes 3 pm Monday - Friday
Washington State might be holding money or property that belongs to you or someone you know. Click here to search for it!
If your taxes are remitted by a mortgage company or other tax service company, the tax statement you receive in the mail is for information purposes only.
For questions regarding Snohomish Conservation District fees ONLY
- please call the Conservation District at 425.335.5634 (ext 4).
For questions regarding Surface Water Management (SWM) fees ONLY
- please call Surface Water Department at 425.388.3464.
For questions regarding Property Address information ONLY
- please call Assessor's Office at 425.388.3433.
The Treasurer is located in the Robert J Drewel Building immediately east of the old Administration Building (see Campus Map ). The Cashiers and Excise Tax staff are in the Customer Service Center on the first floor. The remainder of the staff is on the third floor.
The Snohomish County Treasurer is elected to a four year term. The Treasurer's Office provides essential services in connection with the financial operation of local government.
The Treasurer is custodian of all funds for Snohomish County and special purpose taxing districts (school, fire, drainage, diking districts, etc.) located within the County.
Primary responsibilities include
- Billing, collecting and administering property taxes, special assessments, excise taxes, gambling taxes, surface water fees, and miscellaneous receipts
- Accounting for all funds and deposits of revenue for the state, county, cities, and special purpose taxing districts
- Administering short and long term debt financing
- Managing the cash expenditures for the county and special purpose taxing districts
- Coordinating and managing the provision of banking services for the county and special purpose taxing districts
- Investing public funds that are not needed for immediate expenditure