General Court Information
Detention Visitation Sessions
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to seal my records?
Please refer to “A Guide to Sealing and Destroying Court Records, Vacating Convictions, and Deleting Criminal History Records”
How do I start the process of sealing my records?
1. Obtain a printout of any court cases you have. This can be accomplished by visiting the Snohomish County Clerk’s office at the Denney Juvenile Justice Center (DJJC) at (425) 388-7978.
2. Next, you will need a copy of your picture ID. The receptionist at DJJC will make a copy of your picture identification for the probation records department.
3. Probation records will provide you with case information on diversion cases or police referrals where no action was taken.
4. Next you will need to set a hearing date. You can obtain the forms and instructions from the clerk’s office for setting your hearing date. Forms can also be found at the Washington Courts website.
5. For more information call the Snohomish County Clerk’s Office at (425) 388-7978 for prosecutor charged offenses and the Probation Department at (425) 388-7874 for diversion and other case information.
How can I get a print-out of my criminal history?
Juvenile records are confidential; there is no place that is available to the public that lists juvenile criminal histories. However, you can obtain any information that has been filed in a public legal file by contacting the Snohomish County Clerk’s Office and requesting to view the legal file.
How can I get a copy of my Diversion Records?
Diversion records are confidential. However, we can release a copy of the Diversion Agreement and/or closure memo to the youth named in the Diversion Agreement. You may release the records to anybody you wish to. To obtain these records call (425) 388-7874
I got into some legal trouble when I was a teenager and was told my records would be sealed. Now I have been turned down for a job (or housing, etc.) because they told me I had a criminal record. Why weren’t my records sealed?
You may want to contact your attorney regarding this issue.
Many different records exist. With the advent of the internet, there are unofficial records that are being kept by agencies or individuals that are not under our control or supervision. An attorney can help sort out the problem and advise you on how to proceed.
How do I obtain a restraining, anti-harassment or protection order?
For Domestic Violence Protection orders, the Petitioner needs to immediately go to the nearest District Court Division for the necessary filing. There is no cost for filing a Domestic Violence Petition.
I am having difficulty getting my child back into school. How do I get help getting my child back into school?
Contact Team Child - 2731 Wetmore Ave, Suite 410, Everett, WA 98201
(425) 258-3132 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get rid of my warrant?
Contact your attorney or turn yourself in to the police.
For more information contact (425) 388-7960.
How do I get my driver’s license re-instated?
Forms are available at the Snohomish County Clerk’s Office at the Denney Juvenile Justice Center. For more information contact (425) 388-7978.
I posted bail for my child quite some time ago. How do I get my bail money back?
Bail is typically returned after a case has been adjudicated i.e the youth pled guilty, was found guilty, found not guilty, or case has been dismissed. If your child’s case has been adjudicated for over two weeks, you can contact your child’s attorney and inquire about an order exonerating the bail. For more information contact (425) 388-7800.
How do I re-instate my right to bear arms?
Contact the Clerk’s Office at (425) 388-7978.
How do I file a parenting plan with the court?
The Family Law Facilitator’s office may be of assistance. They are located at 3000 Rockefeller, Everett WA 98201, Room C-125 (on the first floor) @ (425) 388-3795.
How can I put money on my child’s account so he/she can call me from detention?
The Juvenile Court contracts with Global Tel Link to provide this service. A $25.00 minimum deposit is required. Money can be added to the youth’s account at the link below:
Global Tel Link