Why is proper disposal of tires important?
Tire stockpiles are dangerous as fire hazards and as breeding grounds for disease-carrying insects.
How Can I Get Rid of Unwanted Tires?
Almost all tire recycling or disposal options will cost you money, usually charged per tire or by weight. Please choose to recycle whenever possible. Here are a few options:
- The best option is to leave your old tires at the tire store when you buy new ones.
- For large quantities, call:
- Tire Disposal and Recycling
253-460-6326 or 1-877-OLD-TYRE (1-877-653-8973)
- Larry’s Auto & Truck Parts
- L & S Tire
- Visit earth911.com to find local options.
- Snohomish County transfer stations will accept tires for a fee, but the tires will not be recycled.
- Limit five tires per load - passenger car and pickup truck size only.