Family Support Division
The Family Support Unit is 100% funded under a contract with the State of Washington, and provides the following legal services:
- judicial establishment of paternity and child support
- enforcement of support orders when parents fail to pay court-ordered child support through the contempt process
- prosecution of interstate cases for paternity and child support orders on the same basis as in-state cases
- modification of existing child support orders
- representation of state interest in private dissolution actions when tax dollars have been expended to support a child
- legal representation of the Division of Child Support, a division of DSHS, in lawsuits challenging the agency’s collection actions against parents owing a duty of support.