14300 Jordan Rd
Arlington, WA 98233
Maps: Map of Park | Park Locator
Park hours are 7:00 a.m. til dusk
- River Views
- Portable Restrooms
- Picnic Tables
This primary feature of this small park is a suspension bridge across the South Fork of the Stillaguamish River.
The Jordan Bridge was first constructed in the early 1900's and historically utilized as the northerly access to the Jordan Bridge community. It provided access for children attending school at Jordan and also a shorter route to the city of Arlington on the south side of the river. Condemned in November of 1972 due to its dilapidated condition, it was rebuilt in the "swinging bridge" style in the 70's and closed again in 90's for repair. Snohomish County Park Department rebuilt the semi-solid structure in place today.
Work on Jim Creek Bridge #42 has been suspended for the winter and will resume early next year. The closure scheduled for the week of Dec. 9, 2013, is cancelled. The bridge is open to one-lane traffic and the temporary traffic signal will remain in operation until the bridge is completed in the spring
Link to the project web page and other information.
See project photos on Flickr
Find a Park