McCollum Pool Rules
The following pool rules will be enforced at all times. Everyone is expected to behave accordingly in order to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for all swimmers:
- Please walk in the facility; the surface is slippery when wet.
- A shower is required before entering the pool.
- Children less than 48 inches in height must be accompanied into the water by an adult 18 years or older. A child less than 48 inches in height may be admitted if he/she can pass the swim test administered by a lifeguard.
- A ratio of 3 children under 48 inches per one adult is in effect for all swimmers.
- Children 10 years and under require adult supervision and may not be left unattended in the facility.
- Coast Guard approved life jackets, fun toys, and other inflatables, etc. are permitted. Inflatables larger than 3 ft. will be allowed at the lifeguard’s discretion. During periods of high attendance, lifeguards may limit the use of inflatables and other items.
- The pool may be closed due to certain water quality maintenance issues and/or thunder/lightening.
- Please do not enter the water if you are feeling ill or have any open sores or communicable disease.
- Sunbathers or swimmers may not use suntan oils. The use of sunscreen is encouraged; however, patrons should apply sunscreen at home AND must shower before entering the water.
- Everyone must pass the swim test before entering deep water. Weak or non-swimmers must remain in shallow water no deeper then chest deep.
- Non swimmers must stay in water less than 4ft in depth. Parents may not take non swimmers deeper than 4ft in depth.
- Diving in water less than nine feet deep, back dives or summersaults from the side of the pool are not permitted.
- Spitting, spouting or nose blowing in the pool is strictly prohibited.
- Sports bottles filled with water are acceptable on the pool deck.
- Gum, glass or tobacco products are not allowed in the facility.