Parks Policy & Regulations
Please familiarize yourself with County Park Rules & Regulations posted at various sites throughout the parks. Additional information can be found by downloading SCC Title 12 (in .pdf format) (111KB)
- Park hours are 7:00 a.m. til dusk
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted
- Fireworks are prohibited
- Do not use hibachis and/or barbeques on table tops
- Destroying, molesting, disturbing, or injuring property, vegetation, or animals is unlawful.
Boating and Waterskiing Regulations
Each lake has different regulations for boating and skiing. Regulations can be viewed online for the following lakes:
- Cancellation, Changes, & Refunds
- Campsite check-in is 2:00 p.m. check-out is noon
- Yurt, cabin and vacation cottage check-in is 3:00 p.m. check-out is noon
- Alcohol is not allowed
- No more than 2 vehicles in a site (2nd vehicle is $10.00 per day)
- No more than 2 tents; or 1 RV and 1 tent in a site (room permitting)
- Pets must not be left unattended
- Fires are allowed in designated fire pits only
- See park staff for a complete list
Metal detectors are allowed in County parks with certain guidelines:
No digging in grass turf areas
Enjoy your hobby without disturbing other park users, i.e. a busy beach
Please fill in your holes
Return valuables to the lost and found at our park headquarters.
Permits or Permission slips are not needed, however, Park Rangers do have the right to ask you not to use your detector in environmentally sensitive areas, campgrounds, or if they deem it inappropriate for use
- Speed limit is 5 m.p.h. (This is walking speed! )
- Motor vehicles and bicycles may not drive on the trails.
- For the enjoyment of all park visitors, loud speakers or stereo systems are prohibited
- Campground quiet hours are 10pm - 7am
- Keep pets on an 8’ leash and under control at all times
- For other swimmers or sunbathers’ comfort and health, pets are not permitted on the beaches or the swim areas.
- Remember to scoop! You are responsible for removing all of your dog’s feces - please carry equipment for removing waste with you.
No litter producing items, i.e., hay bales, water balloons, or raw eggs.
No nails, staples or tacks will be used in shelter wood.
Special cooking units for the purpose of barbecuing for large groups must be approved in advance by the Park Ranger.
Maintain control of the group. The area shall be kept clean at all times and upon termination site shall be left in condition as found before event.
Reservations are for the shelter only. Restrooms will be shared by the general public.
No reservations for parking, (parking is on a first-come, first-served basis only).
End time on permit is an approximate to sunset. Shelter and activity area must be vacated 1 hour before sunset. Willis Tucker Kite Shelter end times are 2PM and 7PM.
There is a parking fee for all vehicles (Wyatt, Flowing Lake, Kayak Point, Wenberg Parks) even with shelter reservations.
Amplified music is prohibited. No boom boxes allowed.
Please do not remove picnic tables from other shelters or campsites.
Find a Park