Shoreline Management Master Program (SMMP)
The Shoreline Management Master Program (SMMP) was originally adopted in 1974, and was last updated in 1993. The SMMP contains the shoreline policies, regulations and maps currently in effect in Snohomish County. Updates to the County's shoreline program are in progress (2009-2010 SMP Update).
Many of the documents are in pdf format. To read these files you'll need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
The SMMP contains the following chapters:
Acknowledgements and Credits
- Portions of the County Covered by the Shoreline Management Program
- Citizen's Advisory Committee Membership
- Technical Advisory Panel Membership
- Planning Department Project Staff
- Citizen's Advisory Committee Transmittal Letter
- Planning Commission Recommendation
- Board of County Commissioners Resolution
- State Department of Ecology Master Program Approval Letter
Management Program Elements
Shoreline Planning Environments
Shoreline Use Activities
Shorelines of Statewide Significance
Management Program Review and Amendment Process
- Section 18.32.040(B)(3) Snohomish County Code (See F-44, Piers)
- Citizen Participation in the Master Program Planning Process
- Summary of Related Plans and Programs
- Tulalip Indian Reservation
Environment Designation Maps
The Environment Designation Maps will be available online in the near future.
All other documents that cannot be viewed through this web site may be obtained at the 4th Floor Reception Area, Planning and Development Services, Administration Building, 3000 Rockefeller Avenue, Everett, WA. Ask for the "Snohomish County Shoreline Management Master Program."