VINE: Victim Information & Notification Everyday
For crime victims, there is strength in numbers. Especially this one. For offender information, call the Snohomish County VINEÒ service.
What will VINE do for me? VINE will tell you if an offender is in the custody of the Snohomish County Jail and will give you other important custody information. VINE will also let you leave a phone number where you want to be called automatically when that offender is released, transferred, escapes, or dies.
What do I need to do?
- Call 1-877-VINE-4WA (1-877-846-3492) from a touch-tone phone and follow the directions.
- If the offender is in jail, you can leave your phone number to be called when their custody status changes. Enter the phone number where you want to be reached, including area code, followed by the pound (#) key.
- When VINE asks, make up and enter a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) that will be easy for you to remember. Write it down for safekeeping. VINE will ask for the PIN when it calls you.
- When VINE calls, listen to the message, then enter your PIN when asked. Entering the PIN lets VINE know that YOU got the call, and will stop the service from calling you again.
- The offender will not know you are registered with VINE.
- If you are not home, VINE will leave a message on an answering machine. If there is no answer, VINE will keep calling back until you enter your PIN code or until 24 hours have passed.
- Since VINE calls automatically when an offender's custody status changes you may get a call from VINE in the middle of the night.
- Do not leave a phone number with VINE that rings to a switchboard.
- The Snohomish County VINE service monitors in the custody of the Snohomish County Jail.
- Do not depend only on the VINE service, or any other single program, for your protection. Make VINE part of your safety plan.
- You can leave more than one phone number with VINE. Just call the VINE service again.
VINE Information: Write down the following information and keep in a safe place.
- Offender Name
- Offender Number
- Your Four-digit PIN
Do not depend solely on the VINE service for your protection. If you feel that you may be at risk, take precautions as if the offender has already been released.
Comments or suggestions about this web page?