About Human Resources
The mission of Human Resources at Snohomish County is to achieve the mission and vision of the County by attracting, developing and retaining peak performers.
To accomplish this, Human Resources:
- Provides an atmosphere of trust and respect
- Encourages all employees to fulfill their professional and personal potential
- Acknowledges and supports the benefits of a diverse workforce
- Maintains a safe and healthy work place
- Simplifies HR processes by providing direction, clarity and consistency
Over 2,500 employees and 4,000 dependents are affected by the department's programs, which include: employment, training, disability, civil service, compensation, employee relations, wellness and benefits. In providing these programs and services, the Human Resources Department complies with all federal and state laws.