Doing Business With Snohomish County Government
A Vendor's Guide to Doing Business with Snohomish County
Snohomish County Designates BXWA as source of bid packages for public work (construction) -- Snohomish County has designated Builders Exchange of Washington (BXWA) as the official source of bid packages for most Snohomish County public work (construction) projects. Please go to the Snohomish County Projects Online virtual plan room at the BXWA website to view and obtain the County’s public work (construction) bid packages.
The Purchasing Division
The Purchasing Division is the single point of contact for suppliers who would like to do business with Snohomish County.
We will answer all of your questions and provide relevant information. Our goal is to establish positive business relationships with suppliers/ contractors, and work as partners to achieve the common goal of satisfying supply, equipment, and service needs of County departments. Let us know what you think or drop us an e-mail.
The primary objectives of the Purchasing office are as follows:
- to provide supplies, materials, equipment, public work and services to all county departments, in a timely manner;
- to generate broad participation and competition among potential suppliers and contractors;
- to comply with the comprehensive state and county procurement / contracting laws which govern expenditure of public funds;
- to ensure good quality products and services at competitive prices;
- to ensure equal opportunity to all qualified vendors and contractors wishing to compete for County contracts.
Doing Business with the County is really very easy. The primary purchases are awarded as a result of competitive bids based on objective performance specifications.
Snohomish County is also a participating member of the Washington State Purchasing Cooperative. Click here to view the Washington State contracting information and opportunities.
Equal Opportunity: Firms owned by the disabled, women, and minorities are encouraged to participate and compete for County contracts.