Community Corrections: Work Crew Program
|The Work Crew Program is an alternative sentencing program designed to reduce jail overcrowding by providing minimum risk offenders the option of working while serving their jail sentence. In addition to screening, Corrections staff monitor the type of work assigned and ensure that offenders complete their assigned tasks.
SCSO operates both in-custody and out-of-custody Work Crew programs. The in-custody program houses inmates in the Community Corrections Facility when they are not working. The out-of-custody program has inmates report to the facility daily for work. Work assignments include county campus maintenance, salmon habitat restoration, parks maintenance, recycling center, Evergreen Fairgrounds maintenance and the county motor pool.
Individuals applying for the out-of-custody Work Crew Program must:
- Be willing, able, and prepared to perform physical labor in all types of weather
- Have a stable, verifiable residence.
- Have a working telephone
- Have reliable, daily transportation to and from the Community Corrections Facility for the duration of their sentence
- Be sentenced on ALL charges
- Have no outstanding warrants
- There is a fee of $10 per month
- Submit to random drug and alcohol testing while in the program
- Provide Corrections staff with a urine and breath sample at time of booking
Please refer to Electronic Home Detention if EHD is also required.
Comments or suggestions about this web page?