Military and Overseas Voters Guide
If you are in the military, a dependant, or a citizen living overseas and you are registered to vote, a ballot will be mailed to you. However, your current location and mail delivery time could cause a delay. To make sure your vote counts, please read the alternatives outlined in this guide.
Overseas and Military Voter:
- Overseas and Military voters in Snohomish County will automatically be mailed a ballot for every election.
- Overseas and Military voters will be mailed a ballot 30 days before a non-federal election and 45 days before a federal election.
Additional voting alternatives available below upon request
- You may request an early ballot (special ballot RCW 29A.40.050) in writing or up to 90 days prior to a primary or general election.
- You can receive an application via email.
- Your application must state that you will not be able to return a regular ballot by normal mail within the period provided for mail-in ballots.
- You will receive a sample ballot containing all of the races and issues that have been submitted at that time, which you are entitled to vote on. This may be an incomplete ballot.
Email Ballot Program
- You may sign up for our email ballot program via email.
- To participate in this program you must provide us with your email address, have access to a computer and printer, and have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
- Please click here for more information about the Adobe Reader.
- A link for your ballot will be emailed to you 30 days before a non-federal election and 45 days before a federal election.
- The link will provide your ballot, voter's declaration, secrecy page and return envelope.
The link will provide your ballot, voter’s declaration, privacy sheet, and return envelope.
- The ballot, voter’s declaration and privacy sheet may be returned by one of the 3 options listed below;
- Mail; BALLOT
Snohomish County Auditor
3000 Rockefeller Ave M/S 505
Everett, WA 98201
- Email; firstname.lastname@example.org by 8pm PST Election day.
- Fax; (425) 259-2777 by 8pm PST Election day.
- You may request a ballot be faxed to you by contacting the Snohomish County Auditor’s Office at (425-388-3444) or,
- Federal Voting Assistance Program at one of their fax numbers (703) 693-5527, (800) 368-8683, or DSN 223-5527.
- You will be faxed a ballot and complete instructions to assist you in voting.
- You may return your faxed ballot via normal mail delivery or,
- By fax to (425) 259-2777 by 8pm PST election day.
Federal Write-In Ballot
- Federal Write-In ballots may be used by military and overseas civilian voters residing outside the United States if their regular ballot has not been received in a timely manner.
- These ballots can be obtained from your Installation Voting Officer, US Embassy Consular Office, or from the Federal Voting Assistance Program.
- These ballots must be received in the Auditor’s office prior to certification of the election, which occurs 14 days after a Special or Primary and 21 days after the General Election.
- The Federal Write-In ballot will be accepted only if you are outside the United States.
For additional information or questions please contact:
Snohomish County Auditor – Elections Division